Summertime is a great time. The weather is beautiful in Manitoba and there are many things we can look forward to for great adventures and social gatherings. Along with the good times often comes an attitude of relaxation and when it comes to health and fitness … ‘checking out’, people going ‘off the deep end’ in terms of nutrition, and many people wavering in their commitment to strength training and other forms of fitness.
We put out a call through an accountability challenge with very unique guidelines regarding:
- Training at Fukumoto FItness: getting to your sessions
- Bonus Reps Post-Session: improving fitness while already at the facility
- Nutrition: utilizing a “Junk Score” where people determined their own level of indulgences for the week.
Weight and BF% was taken pre and post challenge, guidelines were given, a tracking scorecard required to bring to gym was given, and an accountability group was set up on Facebook.
We are very excited to share some of the results with you through an in-depth survey we took after the challenge!
PS. This was the 2nd time this challenge was offered as we did the same challenge in June!
- Measurements done pre/post 38/45 = 84%
- Survey done post-challenge 35/45 = 78%
- 12/38 were new to challenge and 3 out of the the top 4 achievers were first time challengers
- Group bodyweight changed by 41.4lbs net lost (38 people) that’s an average of 1.1lbs lost
- 57% of people got 160-195 points for workouts +extra reps (11-13 workouts+extra reps, 13 was the max countable)
- Junk Nutrition Score: 57% of people were more than 60% successful (met GJS 3 out of 5 weeks or better)
- weight loss
- fat loss
- people around me
- not being well planned out
- reducing consumption of treats (junk, alcohol, etc)
Hard time of the challenge:
- 36% recovery week
- 25% week 4 (week after recovery week)
- 19% whole time
- lost weight and BF
- better mindset, kinder to self, moving in better direction
- did not execute well
- progress not perfection mindset shift
- added home workouts
- holidays, vacations were more challenging than expected
- better tracking
- plan better (for meals and workouts)
IMPORTANT POINT: While the overall results are quite different than in June people were less emotional about the weigh in at end. Most had a different focus of maintaining rather than going for max results and feel they can maintain this better. July seemed to be more challenging than June as a time of year for indulging situations as well.
2 Random Draws (included everyone who did pre and post measures & survey on time): Christal S & Jenn M (1pink drink packet, 1 TNF bag, 1 TNF buff)
Thank you for your effort and for your honesty in your surveys everyone.