The Success Story of
What do you love about Fukumoto Fitness?
I love the mental and physical challenge of each and every workout. My mantra these last 2 years has been “my body won’t go where my mind won’t push it” . I always have an opportunity to get a little better at something each workout.
Progress Not Perfection
I felt progress for 18 months after I joined FF with managing food but the last 5-6 months have been really tough - it’s not perfection by any means. I wasn’t tracking food even though I need to. I have gained some weight back which is really discouraging after all the work I did to lose it. Writing this all down helped me to start tracking again and I am feeling more positive about my weight loss goals. I have to accept that for the rest of my life I will have to really work at this.
My top 9 reasons for training right now:
- Lost 40lbs in first year and down 3 sizes in clothes has given me increased confidence
- BP is 108/70 from high and dangerous 2 years ago
- Being inspired by excellent coaches and strong women in class
- Modified training - when I joined I could barely move my shoulder and now my shoulder is healed and I have better wrist mobiiity as well.
- Learning a lot through meal prep and nutrition challenging including reduced salt and sugar consumption
- Running my first obstacle race in June 2015 - would never have imagined I would have done something like this prior to joining FF
- The community feel and working on projects together - particularly "Burpees for Romania"
- Warrior Fit has given me a new challenge I enjoy
- My husband and son joined FF after me and are reaping their own benefits
- Track food daily in a non-judgmental way - I can't expect to see new results unless I make concrete steps and I know I can start over fresh if it isn't going well!