The Success Story of
What do you love about Fukumoto Fitness?
The community environment. Everyone is so encouraging of one another and we have lots of fun together!
Progress Not Perfection
I struggle with comparing myself to others (in the gym and in life). Lately, as I have been working specifically to decrease pain in my knee and hip, I have learned to focus on my own gains as they affect me (without looking at others for comparison). It’s still a work in progress, but my own physical limitations are teaching me that it is pointless to compare. Everyone has their own unique strengths, goals, and limitations. Now, I am finding joy in the process as well as in my own progress (even if that progress is slower than I would like).
My top 6 reasons for training right now:
- Doing unassisted pushups! (could not do 1 when I joined)
- Decreased knee and hip pain (which I've struggled with for 20 years!)
- Completed both kettebell courses
- Improved mood helping manage mental health
- Completed first 2 OCR races and loved it!
- In best shape of my life in 10 years (and that's after having 2 kids)
- To complete a triathlon sprint in summer 2016
- To improve my time at Mud Hero
- To be able to do 1 unassisted pistol squat by year end