The Success Story of
What do you love about Fukumoto Fitness?
I love that both the training and the people at Fukumoto meet you where you are. You are welcomed, accepted and encouraged no matter where you are at in your journey.
Progress Not Perfection
I have had some training setbacks and have lost some confidence in myself, so I have had to regroup recently. I lost some strength and gained some weight after injuries, fatigue and perhaps just being a little lazy over the last year or so which has been discouraging and also embarrassing! I feel somewhat like I am “starting over” but I have to remind myself of all of the progress that I have made over the last two years and that nothing can take that from me, even if the number on the scale is higher than I would like it to be. I constantly remind myself that there are always going to be peaks and valleys on this journey so don’t give up!
My top 5 reasons for training right now:
- Increased self-esteem and confidence. Good training and healthy choices has affected all aspects of my life positively.
- Positive way to manage stress - instant mood changer!
- Increased hip mobility and reduced chronic back pain (before FF I could not put a pair of pants on while standing up)
- Tried many new things - Dirty Donkey Mud Run, surfing, 3 x 10ks, 3 hour run race, ball hockey team, KB course). Feel like I have NO LIMITS!
- I have been positive influence on others - 3 of my friends have joined and my 8 year old stepson asked me to run a kids race with him (people ARE watching!)
- CONSISTENCY. Have a 3-month plan to help me train and eat well so that I can feel my best for my wedding!