The Success Story of
What do you love about Fukumoto Fitness?
The holistic approach FF offers – not just about the importance of physical fitness, but how good mental and emotional health and good nutrition all work together in living and maintaining a healthy life.
Progress Not Perfection
By 2013, I had maintained a new healthy weight, having lost about 19 pounds since starting with FF. In fall, I had a major lifestyle change (moving in with my boyfriend) and it completely threw off my focus on my health and well-being. I ended up gaining the weight back as a result of different food choices and “bad habits” that crept up. Every day, I still struggle with this – I have not seen any shift in my weight still, which is very frustrating, discouraging and makes me very mad at myself for “letting myself go”. While I still get frustrated with myself, I also try to be easier on myself, because I know that life happens and as long as I’m aware that changes can lead to other changes, there’s always room for improvement.
My top 12 reasons for training right now:
- Consistency. 98% over 5 years at 6am!
- Connections and friends made
- Strength gains! Increase in KB swing weight, spiderman pushups etc
- Training with my sister
- Better mental state and increased energy
- A lot of fun at many charity workouts!
- Completing Level 1 KB Course
- Recovering from wrist injury
- Weight loss
- Punching stuff at Warrior Fit!
- Doing "Burpees for Romania" with co-worker
- Understanding role of nutrition
- Get nutrition back on track May 2016 with meal prep and small changes aiming to get back to where I was by September 2016