The Success Story of
What do you love about Fukumoto Fitness?
I never get bored! I love that every 5 weeks there is a new cycle, and every class within each cycle gives me an opportunity to be challenged, and eventually get better in different areas. I also love knowing that I am being held accountable for my commitments as I used to struggle with sticking to a plan.
Progress Not Perfection
Without question, I am my toughest critic and working on my own mental barriers and confidence is a daily task. Since my young teenage years I had not had any sense of accomplishment or confidence from the sports or physical training standpoint. The more time that went by, the worse I felt about it. I convinced myself that I was weak, both physically and mentally. At FF, I am learning to not judge myself and I have learned that I am way stronger than I ever gave myself credit for.
My top 10 reasons for training right now:
- Core muscles and posture strengthened
- Lower back pain almost completely gone
- Overcoming mental barriers, gaining confidence
- Gaining 4lbs of muscle, losing 3 inches on waist
- Getting coaching feedback on my technique
- "One change at a time" approach has helped eating/sleeping patterns
- Completing Dirty Donkey Mud Run 2015
- Spend more time with my husband
- Completing both KB courses!
- Using carrying strength in my day-to-day life
- 25 pushups by June (to help with Dirty Donkey Race)
- 10 chinups by July (to help with Spartan Race)